Relocation of positions from one campus to another
1. After consultation with the incumbent of the position, the Head of the Work Unit will forward a written proposal to the relevant Executive Member for consideration.
2. The proposal should include:
- Details of the benefits to the Work Unit/Cost Centre/ University;
- An estimate of any costs involved;
- Confirmation that there are adequate resources in place (including space) at the new location; and
- The effective date of the proposed relocation.
3. After the relevant Executive Member has considered the proposal and provided their written recommendation, it is referred to the Director, Human Resources for an administrative check on employment terms and conditions. The proposal is then forwarded to the Vice Chancellor for final decision.
4. HR Services will provide written notification of the Vice Chancellor's decision to the employee concerned and forward a copy of the advice to the Head of the Work Unit.
5. Where the relocation has been approved and the employee incurs expenses moving to their new location, assistance will be available in accordance with the Relocation Assistance Policy.
Updated: 06 November 2013