Compulsory training for new supervisors
Welcome to those of you who are new to Southern Cross University.
For those who have been promoted and now supervise staff, welcome to your new role. A range of professional learning opportunities are available to support you in your important role in supervising staff.
Your role as an effective supervisor is critical in ensuring that the people you supervise and lead perform to the best of their ability.
An introductory compulsory suite of programs for new supervisors is available. It is a compulsory requirement that all supervisors complete the following initial programs within six months:
- EO Online (a pre- requisite for Staff Selection and Interview Skills and PMDR for Supervisors);
- No Bullying;
- PMDR for Supervisors;
- Managing Change @ SCU;
- Staff Selection and Interview Skills;
- Cultural Competency; and
- Workplace Health and Safety for Supervisors (to be released in 2014).
For assistance and further information concerning other professional learning opportunities refer to:
- SCU Professional Learning Calendar;
- Professional Learning Centre;
- Organisation Development website;
- or contact:
T:: +61 2 6620 73953
Updated: 02 October 2013