Academic staff portfolios
At SCU, the Academic staff portfolio (AP) is the mechanism used for fixed-term and continuing academic employees to:
- Record the events of their academic career and demonstrate evidence for developing academic quality;
- Reflect on the work they do, the evidence for the quality of their work and the ways in which they can use the evidence to develop their teaching and research practice; and
- Receive long-term scholarly critique on all aspects of their work.
An employee's AP is required when they are:
- Developing an academic staff activity profile;
- Attending a performance management, development and review meeting; or
- Applying for the special studies program or academic promotion.
Further information and resources
- Academic staff portfolio form [doc]
- Academic staff portfolio guide [pdf]
- Developing a philosophy of teaching statement [pdf]
Advice and assistance can also be obtained from:
T: +61 2 6620 3768